My 10 year-old daughter is enrolled in Speak Marathi. She is born and brought up in Australia and Marathi seemed like a challenging language to her. She could understand all that we spoke to her, but found it difficult to respond. And now, after a few classes with Speak Marathi, she has started using small Marathi sentences in our daily conversations!
To me as a parent, it is a wonderful feeling.
What I liked about this course:
1. They have exactly identified the problem.
2. The approach is different - the course doesn’t start with the alphabet.
3. Sentences are broken down in to logically separate structures - this has helped my daughter remember phrases easily.
4. They made her speak from day-one, which has boosted her confidence immensely.
5. There are no exams - so it is a dedicated 40 minutes of just speaking the language to someone outside the family.
6. The teachers are experienced and are very friendly - She has a great bond with her teacher, and is always looking forward to her next class.
My best wishes to Team Speak Marathi - great job! 😊👍